Sunday, October 26, 2008

Political Poster Examples

I didn't bring any images of posters to class, so here are my picks:


Luba Lukova

This poster has a simple composition and color scheme. The small war objects make up the bigger peace object. It's a good design from a distance and has a deeper meaning up close.














Karen Kurycki

This is one of a series of posters. There is one with a hand and one with a brain, as well. The bright colors in the center of the white background caught my attention, which is important for a poster. The message is simple and I like that the image completes the sentence.











Colin White

The bright colors got me again. This poster is violent because of the red slash that I see as blood. I like the way the text is stacked and fit together. The back and forth of the words (both in the way that they are placed on each side of the red line and in the opposing meanings) is easy to interact with and has a strong message.

No comments: