Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More Revisions

Personally, I like the "holes" because without them, it's not clear that they are pin points. They look like they are floating. Maybe that's just me? I agree that they are too big and too perfectly round. I've changed that.

I like Andrew's suggestion of random points to add more visual interest.

I've been working with the cropping/ placement of the U.S. I think the composition is sort of boring when it is not cropped. So, I'm still trying to crop it and having some of the "needles" go off the page as well.

I reduced the size of the call to action.
I moved it to the bottom right below florida to carry the viewer's eye down...

I changed the off-white color to white.

Horizontal and Vertical

2 comments:

Kailie Parrish said...

Oh and...what about the fact?

Right now it says "14 million 19-29 year olds are without health care in America"

but I kind of think that something like this would be more "urgent" because the number is growing fast:

Those aged 19 to 29 represent one of the largest and fastest-growing segments of the U.S. population lacking health insurance

It's a little long... I'm not sure how I would re-word it yet.

harmstro said...

These are working nicely. Leave the fact as it is. The vast numbers alone make your statement urgent. I think the vertical poster has more visual impact. If this was a nation-wide campaign it might be possible to target your crop toward different sections of the country. But I think this is working well as it is.